Exhibitions of the Royal Photographic Society 1870-1915 was funded by:
The AHRC funds postgraduate training and research in the arts and humanities, from archaeology and English literature to design and dance. The quality and range of research supported not only provides social and cultural benefits but also contributes to the economic success of the UK. For further information on the AHRC, please see our website www.ahrc.ac.uk
The creation of a research resource as rich as Exhibitions of the Royal Photographic Society 1870-1915 requires contributions from many people. In addition to the assistance we received from the Arts and Humanities Research Council, we would like to acknowledge and thank the individuals who supported our original proposal: John Falconer, Brian Gambles, Philippe Garner, Pete James, Hans P. Kraus, Jnr, Ann Thomas and Sara Stevenson.
Thanks are also due to the following institutions and individuals who provided generous access to their facilities and collections: Birmingham Libraries; The National Media Museum (formerly the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television), Bradford; the Royal Photographic Society and Michael Pritchard. Special thanks are due to Richard Albutt, Digital Programmes Manager, Birmingham Central Library, for facilitating access to journals and digitizing facilities and to Luis Nadeau for permission to quote from his Encyclopedia of Printing, Photographic and Photomechanical Processes, available through www.photoconservation.com; and to the Science and Society Picture Library for permission to use the pictures on our home page.
Other useful sites are:
- www.photoconservation.com This website deals with the history and working methods associated with photographic and photomechanical processes which we have used as our primary reference source.
- www.photolondon.org.uk/directory.htm This website offers a comprehensive listing of London photographers, with their addresses, 1841 - 1908.
- The Midley search39 site This website allows concurrent searching of 39 selected Photographic History Web sites.
Exhibitions of the Royal Photographic Society 1870-1915 was designed and created by:
Knowledge Media Design, De Montfort University.
- Project director:
- Prof. Stephen Brown.
- Prof. Roger Taylor.
- Project management and technical support:
- Robert Ross.
- Siobhan Davis.
- Database development:
- Howard Freeman.
- Site design and development:
- Dave Everitt
- Rachel Airey.
- Data entry:
- Magdalena Wojciechowska and others.